Saturday, June 11, 2011

Birds of a Feather


Hello friends, it is a beautiful hot Saturday morning here in NC and I am doing everything possible today to stay indoors. I spent 3 hours yesterday afternoon at the pool with the kiddos for my daughter's last day of kindergarten and the heat left me with a huge headache and put me in bed by 8:00 last night. On the flip side I feel rejuvenated today and ready to tackle all my projects...if I could tear myself away from the DVR of Thursday's Real Housewives of NY, geez ladies!

A mother bird built a nest, then laid eggs 5 tiny eggs in it underneath our covered porch in one of our lanterns some time ago. For weeks we have watched as she made many trips, brought items from all over to make a new home for her little babies, and she sat in her nest along while we played outside never seeming to be bothered. This morning while having coffee I heard a little cry coming from the area and lo and behold the eggs had hatched and a little baby bird was crying out for it's mother.
Such the sweetest moment to see a new life with a little beak looking for food very much like our babies do when they are born. It has just made my day and warms my heart that this mommy bird chose our home to to start her new family.
Happy weekend everyone! 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...