Monday, July 25, 2011

Island Life


Good day friends and happy Monday to you! 
It has only been a little over 2 weeks since my last post but it seems like eternity...I suppose when you start documenting parts of your life on a blog it helps to remind you each day what it is that exactly you do.
 Now what have I been doing the last couple of weeks?
Well, I am not entirely sure and I didn't intend to take such a long break but after a weekend at the beach I returned home and felt like my family and home needed a little extra TLC. So I put away my computer, wrapped up the work week, packed the family, and headed back east for a nice, long, much needed vacation. It was wonderful visiting with out of town friends we hadn't seen in quite some time, relaxing, swimming, and eating... a lot! 

Any time I spend an extended amount of time at the coast with my kids I pledge my allegiance to moving to some small Caribbean island where the boys can run around with their shirts off, shoes are only for special occasions, the water is a crystal color of bluish green, and everyone is on island time. I tell myself it seems just dreamy but I suppose the grass is always greener. Maybe one day that dream will become reality, who knows? 

India Hicks, British model, designer, author, hotel owner, and daughter of famed designer David Hicks is the quintessential island "it" girl for me. In fact I turn a split pea soup shade of green when I see images of the impeccable colonial plantation style home, Hibiscus Hill she shares with her husband David Flint Wood and 4 children in the Bahamas. India has a worldly, chic, yet relaxed style and the use of white with rich woods, is absolutely delicious...yes too much Million Dollar Decorators and Martyn Lawrence Bullard
So for now I will keep island dreaming and continue to be inspired by India from afar.
















2 comments:

Beatrice B. said...

I like the realy dark wooden floors in the office room and the shelves with the numerous frames...great idea!

www.seitenstrasse.blogspot.com

vanCollier said...

India lives Paradise~ dreaming of Harbor Island.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...