Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mary Mary Quite Contrary


Mary Mary, quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
With Silver bells and Cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.

I am always fantasizing about my yard looking like an English garden with luscious beds of flowers rolling with wild abandonment yet tame enough to put a perfect little walk of stones through it or a beautiful paved path like Stella McCartney's above. Although my yard looks nothing like any of these because for some reason my husband keeps missing the memo of my intentions and we live in the city therefore we have very little land to create my Secret Garden. 
There is a little cottage style home around the corner that I have always admired from afar with its climbing roses, white picked fence, and charming English look. They seem to have achieved this look in the city. I can't even get my jasmine to properly grow up and around my columns in the front of my home, how will I ever coerce roses to look like the ones on the gorgeous front doors below? 







Currently I am also on the hunt for a tiered table to place plants on in my screened in porch area. Last weekend after the storm we spent hours cleaning every rung, mopping the floor, and cleaning up that darn space. I love this image of a collection of pots with greens in varied heights. 


While we are at it, in my dream home, I would like a container closet like the Bunny Williams shown below. I mean really how great is this space, linens, containers, all organized? It is just the best! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...