Sunday, March 13, 2011

Charleston Cool

Hello all my friends and Happy Sunday! What a gorgeous day here in NC. I normally do not post on weekends or Sundays for that matter but I was a wee bit busy this last week and I am sitting outside catching up on blogs with my coffee and couldn't resist a hello.
Do you ever have that feeling when you have so much to say and just can't decide on one thing or how to say it and so you just don't at all? Well I have been that way about blogging recently, completely overwhelmed with ideas but lacking focus or direction on where I want to go with it. There are so many wonderful sources of inspiration for me out there when I go through my blog roll, magazines, and daily surroundings... I just want to share it all with you! 




While researching for a client I came across the images of a remodeled, gorgeous Charleston home for author, singer/songwriter Carolyn Evans and her family. Upon further investigation I realized I had seen a recent post on Style Court and that indeed the house had been designed by Angie Hranowsky. I love the simple and stylish decor, not fussy but calm and very laid back cool. The one thing in this home that speaks to me is the beautiful bottle cap portrait over the mantle in the living room by Charleston artist Molly B. Right. It is unique and makes such a powerful statement. Below are images from Southern Living and if you want to see more of this stunning home on Pitt Street go Here.






Here is another home where Hranowsky used bottle cap art by Molly B. Wright and a close-up of the portrait showing the cap detail.



Below is a favorite of mine featured on her website...I do have a birthday coming up. Hint?


Enjoy your day

Images courtesy of Southern Living, Angie Hranowsky, and Molly B. Wright










2 comments:

Kate Collins Interiors said...

Love everything Angie does!! I had not heard of the artist Molly B Wright before - thanks for sharing her awesome work!

Life of Style said...

I love the bottle cap art, so unique.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...