Friday, July 27, 2012

Sweet Escape


Now I hope you didn't think I was going to go out like that? 
Apparently I was in much need of a sabbatical and forgot to let everyone know...

 Happy Summer friends, last time we chatted it was the dead of winter and I was reaching for some color to brighten my mood. Well now it is the heat of summer and I have been camped out (not literally although the above picture looks heavenly for a day) at the beach for the last 2 weeks. Currently I am sitting on the back porch that overlooks the beautiful inner coastal water way and if I didn't know any better it would appear as if I were on some small Caribbean island. The water is a soothing sea foam shade of blueish green. We have been snorkeling, paddle boarding, and savoring this sweet spot...I will be sad to say goodbye.  

This vacation has been one of the most invigorating and relaxing maybe ever or at least in my recent memory. Here on this little island oasis of the NC coast life moves at a slower pace, the stars shine brightly at night, the sunset is the most gorgeous with shades of pink, we can ride our bikes to get where we want to go, and the locals are happy to see you upon your return. I have turned Fifty Shades of blush (yes Mr. Grey is whom I am referring to and I read all 3 in 5 days), eaten the most delectable ice cream (definitely don't try the Nana's banana pudding, I took down a pint), and enjoyed special time with my family.
 Sweet island time, how I love you so.

As I find my way back to another one of my favorite places, my lovely blog, here are some images that are inspiring me these mid summer days. 
Hope you enjoy
















Slim Aarons, and Unknown

10 comments:

Tammy@InStitches said...

So great to hear from you. Sounds like you love BHI as much as I do, what's not to love ! My MIL had that leaf wallpaper in her condo there before it burned down. That pool backgammon looks like the best thing I've ever seen. Have fun !

Cristina said...

I love the "choosing happiness" quote. I used it in one of my recent posts too :)

the mashup mission said...

your vacation spot sounds great! It's always a great way to re-energize...
I love the colours in the pictures, the quote and that you, too, read the 50 shades books in no time :)
It's fun to hear about other pretty-things-in-my-life writers' finds!

Miss Schneider said...

Really enjoy your inspiring blog. Keep on posting look forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fantastic..its a perfect day!

Green Apple said...

nice images visit my blog Green Apple

check this ageexperts.net blog said...

Lovely. I just love everything about your blog.

Unknown said...

How amazing these pictures are!! Really inspiring blog.

Unknown said...

wonderful blog..i like everything you post on your blog...
Estetik

daphne said...

Love the quote. Very true and actually I am choosing happiness everyday. Photos is love ♥ beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...