Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Purple Haze


Hot off the press! I am so excited and have had my nose in the new July/August issue of House Beautiful magazine ever since I picked it up this morning at the grocery store. I am technically on "vacation" so I was pleasantly surprised to find this jewel when it isn't even up online or on stands back home.
I have to say this issue will not disappoint. I think House Beautiful has really knocked it up a few notches with the demise of other home publications and thankfully it is one that I look forward to reading every month.
The cover and featured article is that of New York Interior Designer David Kaihoi and his one bedroom 380 square foot East Village apartment that he shares with his wife and daughter. The main room is painted this amazing shade of purple by Benjamin Moore "Purple Haze" and the bedroom is wallpapered in an 18th century hand-painted Chinese wallpaper...pure genius!
It is leaving me plum crazy...



Images Courtesy Elle Decor and Elizabeth Martin Design

Ali Wentworth loves the color purple in her Georgetown home designed by friend Elizabeth Martin.


Images courtesy of The Desk of Annie

Designer Amanda Nisbet uses all shades of purple in her rooms to make them pop!


Elements of Style

Designer Kelly Wearstler in her collection for Lee Jofa.


Angie Hranowsky

Angie Hranowsky uses the color to accent in her Charleston, SC home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...