Sunday, June 27, 2010

Worlds Away


The past few weeks between work and play I feel like I have traveled around the globe yet have only been in 3 states. I suppose that is a good thing, being able to find so many worldly goods without traveling to the ends of the Earth. One of my current client projects is finding outdoor accessories including topiaries for their front porch, the perfect planters and the greenery that will complete their "Low Country" front porch look.

 

Success in finding ligistrum double ball topiaries, low maintenance and beautiful.

 

Beautiful, affordable black urns...picture of the finished product will have to wait until the project is complete... Success!

Market Imports
 



My hunt for the perfect accessories took me to an amazing store, warehouse, not sure what you call it... Market Imports located next to the State Farmers Market in Raleigh, NC has the most amazing finds! It is a treasure trove of eclectic furniture and accessories for indoor and outdoor. While I am picturing the most extreme and diverse of their inventory please know that they have a great collection of blue porcelain china, clay pots in every shape color, size, fountains galore and the list goes on... 











I wish I were as comfortable as this Merlick in the 100 degree weather while working.


Furbish Studio



I was also able to do a little shopping for myself while working of course, hazard of the job but I dropped into one of my favorite new haunts Furbish Studio. Lucky for me they had just received their newest shipment of Roberta Roller Rabbit for home. All I can say is ooh la la, fun fun! First of all every little accessory in Furbish is a designers dream. Jamie Meares the creator and owner behind all the beauty paints most of her furniture with a little help from her friend she has that pops up from the basement. She has ready made pillows ready to walk out the door onto your sofa and great knick knacks for your home.
I happened to pick up these 2 Roberta Roller Rabbit pillows for my newly painted wicker chairs and voila ready for my party.
Remember my chairs for a deal?


Before


After



Love the blue and green elephant print.


This bamboo bench at Furbish is tres chic.


Perfect sized asian inspired side table.



Furbish Studio
1020 Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27605

High Street Market
New fantastic finds just listed last week!







Images Courtesy High Street Market

Calypso
St. Barth



2 things would love to have... Calypso's Chevron Kurta and
Jodhpur Pouf
Betsy Burnham

One of my favorite designers is LA based Betsy Burnham and her designs are edgy and eclectic. I like her because she is under the radar yet her work is phenomenal. She always loves to use an animal print which I think too is a staple for any space.










Images courtesy of Design Sponge, InStyle, Lonny Magazine 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...