Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tints of Turquoise


Windsor Smith

"Getting back into the swing of things", "I need a vacation from my vacation"... I am sure if I sat here long enough I could come up with a few more phrases that apply to my time away Memorial Day weekend. "All good things must come to an end" would be another one that would sum up my time on Goat Island outside of Charleston, SC, fun times were had and memories made. It is now June in NC and my family and I have a lot of pool time and beaching to look forward to, yippee yay, not really "back to reality" I suppose!
Summertime is my favorite time of the year for turquoise and white, I love how golden tanned skin looks against these colors especially jewels, well maybe tops, shoes, a little bit of everything can stand a touch of turquoise.


 

Designer Windsor Smith looks radiant in a shade of the color at her LA home.

Stella and Dot



Stella and Dot a home based jewelry sales company is trending turquoise throughout their Sayulita, Mexico collection. If you have never seen the jewelry from Stella and Dot check it out! It is beautiful and affordable. This week a a portion of the profits from the sales will go toward helping the fight against breast cancer with the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  The local Stella and Dot stylist in Raleigh, NC is Lauren Lewis so if you want to purchase any of these lovelies go to www.stelladot.com/laurenlewis and enter "Debbie Castiller" as the hostess.




All images courtesy of Lauren Lewis and Stella and Dot

The Sayulita, Mexico collection, love it!

Entertaining


Pepper Design Blog

Some of the most beautiful summer entertaining can be achieved with shades of turquoise, in the form of glass bottles and love it with the lemon trees, summer chic.


Goldbug Studio


518 Pershing Road
Raleigh, NC 27608


Ashley Carter

While busy renovating my house last winter and spring I would drive to my contractor's office and this little studio on the way would catch my eye...little did I know that Goldbug Studio, the creation of  New Orleans native Ashley Carter was the little, BIG studio I was passing everyday. Carter has created many whimsical, handmade, jeweled follies, including headpieces that fashion icons such as J Crew's creative director Jenna Lyons have scooped up. Check out the "Crown of J's" Lyons received from her team and proudly displays in her office by Raleigh's own Ashley Carter.
The Huffington Post & Goldbug Studio

Maybe next Mother's day, queen for a day?



This one will satisfy me too my love!

Ashley has been so gracious and sent me so many fantastic pictures taken by her photographer Anna Paschal of all her beauties. I am going to do a post of just her and the artists she houses in her studio after I visit. Visit http://www.goldbugstudio.com/ to see all of her collections or if you are in Raleigh, the studio is open for the month of June Wednesday-Friday, 12-5
These are a sampling of the gorgeous turquoise baubles...



Yummy



Coral and Turquoise a stylish summer mix, even for mermaids



Fit for a queen



Hmmm, I could find a home for you.
Many thanks again Ashley!

All photos courtesy of Goldbug Studio and Anna Paschal


Jellyfish Shoe
Every time I go to Piperlime "I die" or seriously "go bananas" for these Moschino Cheap & Chic Jelly fish sandal that is one of stylist Rachel Zoe's picks.

Rooms with Turquoise

Domino

While I do love all the jewels and accessories, my favorite shades of the color happen to be the ones used in interiors. Throw in a little pop of turquoise here and there and you are channeling Elle Decor  as "trend alert" although I think it is timeless. Here are some of my favorites. Enjoy!

 
Elle Decor



Domino


Jonathan Adler


Katie Ridder via All the Best Blog


Palmer Weiss via Pink Wallpaper


Palmer Weiss


Emma Jane Pilkington via Style Court


Turquoise Design


Angie Hranowsky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...