Thursday, December 16, 2010

Homemade Holiday


We woke this morning to a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground but it quickly has turned into a sleeting rain that will surely slow down activity for the next day. So here I am, home by the fire, enjoying every second! 
I am struggling to finish up my Christmas shopping and just can't seem to find the right gift for the remaining friends and family on my list. I have a few ideas for homemade Christmas gifts that are adorable and add such a special touch but with a little over a week away I am hoping I will have time to pull it together.


Martha Stewart always has festive decorations, crafts for all ages, and never ceases to amaze me with her creativity. This Sequin Bauble Ring and Leather Star Ring caught my attention and I definitely might have to give this a whirl. What girl doesn't love a bit of glamour and glitz without breaking the bank this year. 



Click on this link for directions in creating your own Sequin Bauble Ring

The folds for your Leather Star Ring...looks a little tricky but if anyone tries it let me know how it turns out.


Southern Flourish online magazine has a few great homemade holiday ideas to satisfy someone on your list. This one is especially wonderful for your coffee lover...the personalized koozie. What a chic and easy gift, thanks Southern Flourish for the great ideas.


One of my favorite ideas for a homemade gift and I am signing up for a last minute session for next week is Wine and Design. The location I am referring to is here in Raleigh, NC but I am sure there are others in locations across the United States. It is such a fun and productive experience. A glass of wine in hand, painting until your heart is content, and voila you leave feeling like Picasso.


Look at these gorgeous hydrangeas.


Beautiful boats for the man in your life.


Neighbors, this one is for you...yummy and adorable packaging too.
Homemade by Jill posted these hot chocolate gift tins via Blonde Designs Blog for a holiday gift-giving idea. They were kind enough to even post the resources for all the goodies needed to create this darling tin.


Just click Here for the skinny on making these cuties and if you don't have enough time to order the tins, the hot chocolate would be great in mason jars...add some peppermint too, yummy!



1 comment:

Staci Edwards said...

Great post full of wonderful inspiration!
Thanks for all of the birthday love this week, and have a very happy weekend!
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...