Monday, October 18, 2010

Layer it On


It was a beautiful weekend and the weather is amazing today although still a little warm for my taste! I love all the shorts and skirts for fall in rich textures such as tweed and luscious colors like camel. On days like this they are just so chic and when the weather is cooler throw on some tights and you are set. Here in the South this time of the year layering your wardrobe is essential with temperatures fluctuating throughout the day.



The same idea is true for spicing up your home for the season by layering with faux fur, cashmere, alpaca wool, and mohair accessories like throws, pillows or rugs. These accents can add a layer of depth and coziness to carry your rooms through the cool months.



Jonathan Adler has many gorgeous throws to choose from but these are 3 of my faves, the Richard Nixon, Zig Zag, and Peter are all 100% baby alpaca and excellent choices!








West Elm and William Sonoma Home have to die for pillows in faux fur and other yummy textures.
William Sonoma Home has this unique and one of a kind Suzani Oushak rug that was reinterpreted from the original design of the legendary David Easton.



As I mentioned in my previous post I was in High Point, NC for Furniture Market over the weekend. Always a pleasure to go and see the new along with the old. Soon I will post about my tour of Drexel Heritage, their amazing showroom and the vision behind the design of their newest collections. In the meantime here are a few shots of  some of the lovelies at market. Enjoy!















2 comments:

Lindsey Suggs said...

Is that a lucite bamboo chair?? Jaw drop!

Marie said...

I am so jealous!! I love these images...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...