Friday, November 19, 2010

Ideas for your Holiday


This time of year is the best, there is nothing like snuggling up by a cozy fire after you have stuffed your belly so full from a yummy turkey with stuffing and a side of gravy. Yes, I said it and am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving and traveling to spend time with family! 

Although there is nothing more I like than all the above than decorating for the holiday. My family travels for Thanksgiving so I decorate my home for the entire holiday season tweaking little things here and there in preparation for hosting Christmas.

 The lovely Staci Edwards started us out this week with some of her favorite recipes and entertaining ideas so I thought I would show you a  few of my favorite table settings with special details to follow. Hope you enjoy!



A gorgeous table set by the master table designer Eddie Ross as shown in the current issue of Lonny magazine. Lovely warm tones and textures. What time do we eat?


Unknown

I adore the simplicity of this setting with all the white and the natural elements such as the bunch of pheasant feathers and wood adding warmth to the space.


Unknown

Green and silver a gorgeous unexpected combo for a Thanksgiving celebration.



I do love decorating with pheasants and found this pair of vintage gold ones over at Matters of Style. You have time to scoop these up for your table this year.



This unique bird plate with a menu makes your setting one of a kind.


I think everyone can agree with me that we would all like to have our very own butter...






but if I could have my very own turkey shaped mold of butter I would feel very special! I saw this yesterday at The Fresh Market and had to scoop up a couple and yes they do have tiny Christmas trees too.



Fresh flowers are always a necessity



and a glimmer of candlelight for the evening with votives wrapped in corn husks adds an extra touch.


Have a wonderful weekend! 
Elizabeth







1 comment:

Amanda Caldwell said...

You do a wonderful job with this! I love reading your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...