Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Moody Blues

Louisa Settee

    Anthropologie

  The world we live in is a funny place and when the universe speaks to us it seems sometimes to speak in volumes. I received a message from a friend yesterday requesting my opinion on a navy blue paint color for bunk beds...I won't mention any names, you know who you are! I was on a mission and have been in a mood ever since, not one of those moods but a colorful blue mood!
The fabric for the beautiful Louisa Settee from Anthropologie above is designed by a company (TheVera Company) of the late legendary textile designer from the 60's and 70's Vera Neumann. Style Court wrote a piece about Vera and her work if you would like to know more http://www.stylecourt.blogspot.com/. The fabric is a cotton and linen upholstery that is so fresh and likes itself more to a watercolor print than a piece of furniture.   

 One of my all time favorite designers used one of the best blues in Instyle Living 2005, yes I have the issue but I wouldn't be able to write this piece if I had thrown it away, now would I?


Instyle Home

Los Angeles, CA designer Betsy Burnham used Sherwin Williams, Needle Point Navy in her foyer. The color is so striking with the snakeskin chairs, chinoiserie prints and shell lamps. Such a lovely eclectic mix.

 
House Beautiful

Designer Windsor Smith used Benjamin Moore's Polo Blue in her gorgeous kitchen on the cover of House Beautiful. The kitchen and color is out of sight!


House Beautiful


Aerin Lauder

I believe another lover of blue is Senior Vice President and Creative Director for Estee Lauder, Aerin Lauder Zinterhofer. Between her Manhattan apartment and East Hampton home she diplays the most beautiful blue hues throughout her homes with fabrics, paints and exquisite pieces of blue porcelain.


    Elle Decor


Elle Decor


House Beautiful


Elle Decor


Burleigh

I loved all the blue porcelain Aerin had in her homes and in the House Beautiful Holiday issue she suggested entertaining with Burleigh Ware from http://www.burleigh.co.uk/.  I have purchased several bowls and have loved them, you can also find them discounted on ebay!



Burleigh Bluebird Etruscan Jug


F Schumacher

While the universe was talking to me, I stopped by the showroom to look for non blue fabrics and the F Schumacher rep was there and wanted to show me their latest fabric collections. There were prints, silks, linens, you name it but lo and behold blue was the stand out color of the collection.... Here a couple of my favorite and these do come in other equally amazing colorways!

 


F Schumacher
Najing cotton weave




F Schumacher
Claremont Crewel


F Schumacher's new linen weave in color Wisteria


Tory Burch

Next on my list is maybe wrapping up in this silk tie dye scarf by Tory Burch
or throwing on this cotton striped navy and white Magnus jacket with it...so chic!


Tory Burch

I will leave you today with a few other blue rooms for your inspiration...

 
          Angie Hranowsky


Emma Jane Pilkington


Mary Mcdonald



Elle Decor




                                                  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...